PhD Eng. Zbigniew Bochenek
PhD Eng. Zbigniew Bochenek - deputy of head of Remote Sensing Department, IGiK. Since nearly 40 years he has been involved in numerous research works aimed at applications of satellite and aerial data for agriculture, forestry and land use mapping. He is the co-author of the methodology of monitoring crop growth conditions in Poland with the use of satellite meteorological images and object-oriented method for land cover classification at European scale within Geoland2 SATChMo Core Mapping Service. His interests concentrate on research works related to mapping urban areas with the use of high-resolution satellite data and object-oriented classification techniques, development of different remote sensing methods based on aerial/satellite data applied to agriculture and forestry and use of EO data for land use mapping and crop yield assessment. He has been a Manager of MARS Programme Action 1-Regional Inventories in Poland as well Manager of the joint Polish-Canadian project aimed at creation a Crop Condition Assessment System in Poland and Leader of the projects on using multi-source satellite data for monitoring land use changes. He is an author of numerous publications in Polish and international scientific journals. He is the editor of the Proceedings of EARSeL Symposium 2006 and co-editor of on-line scientific journal EARSeL Proceedings. Dr. Bochenek is the representative of Poland in the EARSeL Council (European Association of Remote Sensing Laboratories).
- Bochenek Z., Shrestha S., Malek I., 2014. Hybrid approach for mapping wetland habitats based on application of VHR satellite images. Geoinformation Issues Vol. 5 (1), pp. 21-28.
- Ziolkowski D., Turlej K., Bochenek Z., 2013. Indicators of environmental diversity derived from remote sensing based land cover maps – spatial and thematic aspects, Ecological Questions 17: pp. 113-129.
- Bochenek Z., Shrestha S., Malek I., 2014, Application of various classification approaches and types of satellite data for mapping wetland habitats, Proceedings of 34th EARSeL Symposium, 16-20 June 2014, Warsaw, Poland.
- Shrestha S., Bochenek Z., Smith Claire, 2014, Extreme learning machine for classification of high-resolution remote sensing images, Proceedings of 34th EARSeL Symposium, 16-20 June 2014, Warsaw, Poland.
Tomaszewska M., Stolarska M., Bochenek Z., 2013. Monitoring of surface waters of mountainous Polish river with the use of MONERIS and SWAT models, Proceedings of 33th EARSeL Symposium, 3-6 June 2013, Matera, Italy.
Lewinski S., Bochenek Z., Turlej K., Aleksandrowicz S., Tomaszewska M., Land Cover Mapping for Pan European Land Monitoring, The Growing Use of GMES across Europe's Regions, European Environment Agency (EEA), 22nd October, 2012, pp. 26-28.
Turlej K., Bochenek Z., Tomaszewska M., Dabrowska-Zielinska K., Change detection and direction of changes for Europe – case study based on Kompsat-2 satellite data, Sentinel 2 Preparatory Symposium, Frascati (Italy) , 23rd - 27th April 2012, (CD).
Dabrowska-Zielinska K., Kowalik W., Budzynska M., Malek I., Bochenek Z., 2011, Assessment of evapotranspiration and soil moisture for Biebrza wetlands using thermal remote sensing and in-situ data, Proceedings of 31st EARSeL Symposium, 30 May-2 June Prague Czech Republic, pp. 281-288.
Dabrowska-Zielinska K., Budzynska M., Turlej K., Bartold M., Bochenek Z., 2011, Land Cover and biomass changes in wetland ecosystem - case study Biebrza Valley Poland, Proceedings of 4th EARSeL SIG Workshop on Remote Sensing of Land Use & Land Cover, 1-3 June, Prague Czech Republic.
Lewinski S., Bochenek Z., Turlej K., 2011, Object-oriented method for land cover mapping using VHR satellite images based on decision-tree approach and texture information, Proceedings of 31st EARSeL Symposium, 30 May-2 June, Prague Czech Republic.
- Lewinski S., Bochenek Z., Turlej K., 2011., Object-oriented method for land cover mapping using VHR satellite images based on decision-tree approach and texture information, Proceedings of 4th EARSeL SIG Workshop on Remote Sensing of Land Use & Land Cover, 1-3 June, Prague Czech Republic.