- Scientific Council
- Scientific Centers
- Support Departments
- Public Procurement
Copernicus products and services for management of environment
FPCUP - Application of Copernicus products and value-added services for management of environment and forecasting agricultural production
Program: Caroline Herschel Framework Partnership Agreement on Copernicus User Uptake
Founded by: European Commission
Duration of the project: 2019 – 2020
Project Leader: Remote Sensing Centre, Institute of Geodesy and Cartography
Prof. Katarzyna Dabrowska-Zielinska, e-mail: email@example.com
The Action is principally focused on capacity building and raising awareness of the various stakeholders, responsible in Poland as National Action looking internationally for monitoring and management of the environment, on the scope of applications of the Earth Observation data and services developed in the frame of Copernicus products.
There are five main users groups to whom the designed activities will be targeted:
- agriculture and forestry - Ministry of Agriculture, The Agency for Restructuring and Modernization of Agriculture (ARMA), Agricultural Market Agency (ARR), Agricultural Advisory Offices, State Forest, Regional Directorates of State Forests, Communes and Marshall Offices managing the non-state forests, Main Directorate of Environmental Protection, Regional Directorates of Environmental Protection;
- environment and protected areas - Ministry of Environment, Main Directorate of Environmental Protection, Regional Directorates of Environmental Protection, National Parks authorities;
- marine environment - Ministry of Maritime Economy and Inland Waterways, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of National Defense, Main Directorate of Environmental Protection, Regional Directorates of Environmental Protection, Spatial planning institution on national and regional level, Maritime Offices;
- land use and change detection - Spatial planning institution on national and regional level, Ministry of Infrastructure, National Parks;
- atmosphere and climate change - General Directorate of Environment, Ministry of Environment, Institute of Meteorology and Water Management National Research Institute, Water Management Boards, institutions on regional level.
A plan was to organize a number of lectures and practical workshops and exercises, together with the specific training materials in order to present a potential of the EO data and services and to collect feedback from participants during the structured discussion. A dedicated website https://fpcup.pl/szkolenia/ was developed in the in order to provide access to training materials presented during seminars as well as to provide most important updates on Copernicus Programme and open services available for users.
A training plan had been developed and agreed with the responsible institutions, advisory agencies and commercial companies working for environment and for the agriculture sector as well as Central Statistical Office and regional offices. Series of workshops and webinars are still executed online for an agreed number of public sector employees. These is conducted in Polish. The training materials are developed in Polish and English to easily use these materials by consortium partners and adjust them to their national needs
The content of the presentation on the Copernicus program was agreed with the Polish Partner – University of Gdańsk.
More information about FPCUP - Application of Copernicus products and value-added services for management of environment and forecasting agricultural production can be found on the website https://fpcup.pl/